Senior Technical Evangelist
at Microsoft Hellas περιοχή Αθήνα
Joining The Microsoft Team Means…
Our customers and partners are building amazing and successful applications and experiences for our platforms. This is a role in the DX (Developer Experience) department in Microsoft Greece. Developer Experience (DX) Team’s mission is to empower and inspire ISVs (Independent Software Vendors, Software houses and Startups) and technical audiences to unlock new and unique opportunities across Azure, Office 365, Windows, SQL and Visual Studio. The DX Team in Greece is a team with an amazing pool of talent, highly energized individuals and a great team spirit.
The purpose of the Technical Evangelist (ISV – Independent Software Vendor) Role is to attract new software houses and startups on Microsoft Azure and help them expand their apps and services through the addition of high value workloads.
The Impact You’ll Be Making…
You will need to demonstrate deep technical knowledge and experience in developing applications and services across Microsoft devices and cloud platforms. The candidate will have technical expertise and skills to build and maintain relationships with the ISVs (software houses and startups) by helping them solve their complex technical problems and chart their application’s architectural direction.
The primary responsibilities include –
• Work with ISV architects and technical decision makers to build/integrate solutions on Microsoft Azure. The expectation is to work with at least 20 different ISVs every year.
• Engage directly with ISV engineering and development staff and gain trust through real world experience and knowledge of technology industry landscape and/or verticals and become their trusted advisor
• Design, code and test proof of concept with partners or assist them directly when developing their commercial app
• Build reference architecture, frameworks and toolkits to drive scale of adoption in the ecosystem
• Participate in community conversations through blogs, discussion forums and key ISV conferences
• Evangelize Microsoft Technologies in Key Industry Events
Who we’re looking for…
We are looking for someone who will be in position to engage effectively with Software Houses, communicate the value of Azure and MS technologies and help them understand how to develop their products and services on the Microsoft cloud. Moreover, he/she should be able to present software technologies in online and offline events. To achieve this, the ideal candidate should have experience in cloud software projects, in building trustful relationships with customers and partners and in communicating the value of technology.
Experiences Required: Education, Key Experiences, Skills and Knowledge:
• Demonstrated deep technical developer capabilities in applications and services. Knowledge of .NET is a plus but Azure supports many different languages, so we welcome expertise from all the industry.
• Excellent knowledge of cloud technologies is considered a plus. It doesn’t matter if it is Microsoft Azure or other cloud technologies but it is a must to be familiar with IAAS/PAAS/SAAS cloud technologies. Ideally, the candidate should have expertise in building SAAS/PAAS software.
• Commercial capabilities: Experience with technical presales, or engagement with many customers and partners is a strong plus.
• Strong knowledge of application development practices and a track record of working closely with a large development team.
• Keen analytical skills that enable comprehension and resolution of complex business and technical issues.
• Good communication and presentation skills. Strong interest and ability to engage both small and large technical audience through public presentations/speaking.
• Proven experience working with 3rd party communities, social media and blogging desired
• Minimum of 5 years of experience in software development.
• Good decision making skills, conflict resolution, and follow through with customers and partners
• BS/BA degree
• Excellent knowledge of the English Language
This role is based in Athens and limited travel in Greece, Cyprus and Malta might be required – (e.g. 2-3 days per month)
Η εταιρία παρέχει: